Papers by Brad Hanson
This page contains links to some papers on which I am an author. All papers
are in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). Adobe
Acrobat Reader (which is available for free)
is needed to view the papers. The link for each paper points to a web page that
provides a further description of the paper and from which a PDF version of
the paper can be obtained. My vita contains
a complete list of papers on which I am an author.
The following are papers that have been presented at professional conferences.
In some cases revised versions of the papers have been subsequently
published in journals or as ACT Research Reports.
- Development and Calibration of an Item Response
Model that Incorporates Response Time by Tianyou Wang and Bradley A. Hanson
- A Comparison of the Standardization and IRT Methods of Adjusting
Pretest Item Statistics Using Realistic Data by Shun-Wen Chang, Bradley A. Hanson, and Deborah J. Harris
- Data Sparseness and Online Pretest Item Calibration/Scaling Methods in CAT by Jae-Chun Ban, Bradley A. Hanson, Qing Yi, and Deborah J. Harris
- Effect of Noncompensatory Multidimensionality on Separate and Concurrent
Estimation in IRT Observed Score Equating by Anton A. Béguin and Bradley A. Hanson
- A Standardization Approach to Adjusting Pretest Item Statistics by Shun-Wen Chang, Bradley A. Hanson, and Deborah J. Harris
- A Comparative Study of Online Pretest Item Calibration/Scaling Methods in CAT by Jae-Chun Ban, Bradley A. Hanson, Tianyou Wang, Qing Yi, and Deborah J. Harris
- Effect of Multidimensionality on Separate and Concurrent Estimation in IRT
Equating by Anton A. Béguin, Bradley A. Hanson and Cees A. W. Glas
- Test Equating Under the Multiple-Choice Model by Jee-Seon Kim and Bradley A. Hanson
- Classifying Student Performance as a Method for Setting Achievement Levels for NAEP Writing by Bradley A. Hanson and Luz G. Bay
- Obtaining a Common Scale for IRT Item Parameters Using Separate Versus Concurrent Estimation in the Common Item Nonequivalent Groups Equating Design by Bradley A. Hanson and Anton A. Béguin
- Bayes Modal Estimates of a Discrete Latent Variable Distribution in Item Response Models Using the EM Algorithm by Bradley A. Hanson
- Estimation of Item Response Models Using the EM Algorithm for Finite Mixtures by David Woodruff and Bradley A. Hanson
The following are short papers I have written that have not been presented or published elsewhere. Some of the papers do not present original ideas, but contain derivations of existing results that I wrote to help in my understanding of a topic.
Return to Brad Hanson's Home Page
Return to OpenIRT Home Page
Last updated: November 16, 2014.